|Texas State Trailer Inspection
Our League City and Georgetown locations are Licensed Inspection Stations for non-commercial trailers.
Hours of Inspection: Monday thru Friday 8 am - 4 pm
|Before you drive out to one of our locations for a trailer inspection, please be prepared and aware of the following:
|1. You must present current, valid proof of Insurance that lists the VIN # of the towing vehicle as having at least the minimum State required liability insurance.
2. The vehicle information plate on the trailer must be legible and state the VIN #, year manufactured, make, model, and GVWR. If the information plate is missing or illegible you must provide the county issued registration document last issued for your trailer. The county issued license plate with latest registration sticker must be on the trailer.
3. Your trailer must have working brakes and if the brakes are electric, the towing vehicle must have a working brake control unit to control the brakes.
4. All tires must be properly inflated, in safe, good condition, no dry rot, not cuts or splits longer than 1”, at least 2/32” of tread on every tire.
5. All wheels must be in safe, good condition, no bent or cracked rims, no missing or mis-matched lug nuts.
6. All running lights, reflectors, turn signals, license plate light, clearance lights must be in good working order and in good condition. No cracked lenses or reflectors.
7. The general condition of the trailer must be safe and sound. No loose or broken welds, bent frames, loose or rotted floor boards, unsafely rusted components.
8. The hitch should be sound and secure, the emergency break away brake kit should be functional, and safety chains in place. All wiring should be in good condition and secured in place properly.
9. Our inspectors reserve the right to refuse to inspect any trailer where any obviously unsafe conditions exist.
|PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOUR TRAILER CAN MEET THE REQUIREMENTS ABOVE BEFORE PRESENTING IT FOR INSPECTION. PLEASE SEE THE FORM BELOW THAT WILL BE USED TO PERFORM ALL USED TRAILER INSPECTIONS AT
AMERICAN FENCE & SUPPLY CO. INSPECTION STATIONS.